Thursday, 20 February 2014

Idea

Project Proposal



















After our proposal me and Rebecca sat down to decide what kind of promotion we will be doing.

We decided to do a website and and video of the game in motion embedded within. As it will take me time to do the Art work for the game, Rebecca will be scripting the website in the meantime and researching the coding for the app. 

This project is a bit out of our comfort zone and experience, so we will start at the basics and then refine it if we have enough time.

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

We also discussed the style of the art, there are two known versions of styles, looking side on (Figure A) or looking from above (Figure B). We decided to go with (Figure A) because it suited our Genre of game and the style. 

Figure A

Figure B
















Second Production Practice lesson I decided to look and make a start at tutorials and art work. So first off was the background and the floor the Character will move on. These are called Tiles and you can duplicate them in order to save time. I knew that the background will change as the distance increases, but what about the tiles? So I decided to try it out, I had never done pixel art for a game before so this was a new experience. But I think I did well for me first try right?


Tutorial Used: http://www.wildbunny.co.uk/blog/2012/03/01/designing-a-retro-pixel-art-tile-set/

 Result:-

Blown up to 300%













No comments:

Post a Comment